The CVARC Spring Fling is set for Saturday, April 9, 2022. The goal of the event is to keep alive the spirit of camaraderie and togetherness among hams in the Conejo Valley. Let’s connect over the air and in person. The idea is to have some fun. Feel free to participate in whatever part of this event interests you.
Spring Fling Rover Roundup Contest: (Courtesy of Keith Elliot-W6KME): Saturday, April 9, 2022, 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.
- FM simplex phone only. 2 meters only. Recommended frequencies: 146.520, 146.550 and secondary on 146.580.
- One QSO per call, per 6-digit Maidenhead grid. Only one QSO per call is allowed, unless either station has changed grid squares. Stations may log as many contacts with each other as possible as long as at least one station is operating from a new grid square.
- Exchange: Call Sign, First Name, LAST two digits of six-digit Maidenhead Grid and “Location #” ( i.e., Location 1, Location 2, etc., with the “Location #” being the number of locations the station has operated from.)
- Scoring: 1 point per QSO, PLUS 1 point for each grid square contacted
- Each grid square a station operates from acts as a multiplier of the total score.
- Scores must be submitted to Keith Elliott-W6KME during the post-contest picnic at Borchard Park either in person or by any other means. Scores may be submitted and recorded later, but won’t be eligible for prizes.
- A rough grid map is pictured. A more detailed, interactive Maidenhead Grid Map is available here: https://dxcluster.ha8tks.hu/hamgeocoding/. Zoom in on the Conejo Valley to find the six digit grids we will use for this contest.
Spring Fling Picnic: Borchard Community Park, Picnic Area “C”.
Set your GPS to: (34.18229193206404, -118.95241902770215)
12:00 Noon to 3:00 P.M.
Get together at the picnic area and the Club will provide lunch.
SOTA Initiative: In conjunction with The Spring Fling, there will also be a SOTA event where club members climb local hills with their portable radio gear and activate SOTA peaks. Come up yourself and enjoy summit-to-summit contacts, summit-to-gridsquare contacts and the benefits of getting high (altitude.) Contact Martin Hickey at AJ6CL@cvarc.org to coordinate so we don’t all wind up on the same summit!