Nominations for the 2020 CVARC Board of Directors will take place at the October and November meetings. Elections will be held at the November meeting.
Being a member of the Board of Directors focuses your membership and club participation to a new level. Talk to any Board member about what is involved. Any Board position is open for nomination and election. Some current Board members intend to run again. Elected Board positions and duties are for one year, January through December.
There will be more discussion about elections at the club meetings. Positions and complete duties are listed in the club by-laws.
This is a brief summary of the elected board positions and duties:
- President: Presides at meetings, chairs the Board of Directors and performs the customary duties of President.
- Vice-President: Presides in the absence of the President. The Vice President also serves as chair of Program Planning (Speakers) Committee and helps the President communicate the objectives of the club to members and the public.
- Secretary: Keeps and archives minutes, records and other data and creates necessary club correspondence.
- Treasurer: Responsible for club monies, pays bills, keeps financial records, maintains the club roster and files tax forms.
- Publisher: Serves as webmaster of www.cvarc.org, Coordinates and edits all content on the site.
- Education Coordinator: Develops education and training programs related to amateur radio and electronics.
- Operations Coordinator: Coordinates on-the-air operations such as Field Day and maintains club radio and technical equipment.
- Public Relations Coordinator: Maintains relationships with the community through the media and acts in liaison with other amateur radio organizations on matters of common interest.
- Technical Coordinator: Responsible for maintaining technical knowledge and skill within the club and is a technical resource to members.
- Social Coordinator: Chairs the Social Committee; plans, organizes and conducts social activities for the club.